Monday, November 28, 2011

Mashed Taters heaven

Hi friends!!

So I wrote this post about a week ago and forgot to post it!  Opps.  How was your thanksgiving?  I hope well.  Mine was wonderful.  I spent most of my time at my sisters relaxing and being lazy.  It was so nice to not do anything.  I ate myself silly and let myself just relax.  Back to reality of work, eating healthy and getting my booty back to the gym.  This post is from a recipe a couple weeks back but it fits in perfectly for all those leftovers you probably have from thanksgiving.  I give you mashed potato lasagna.  I get the Kraft email each week and this one caught my eye right away.  It was so easy to make and is delicious.  I froze half of it and can't wait to enjoy it again.

Easy Pierogi Casserole 

9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups
  hot mashed potatoes

1/2 cup
(1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread

6
  green onions, thinly sliced

1 pkg. (3 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits, divided
2 cups
  KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided

HEAT oven to 375°F.
COOK noodles as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, combine potatoes, cream cheese spread, onions, 1/2 cup bacon and 1 cup Cheddar. 



 
PLACE 3 noodles in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with 1/3 of the potato mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining bacon and Cheddar; cover. 










BAKE 30 min. or until heated through. Uncover; bake 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve. 








No comments:

Post a Comment