Friday, May 27, 2011

Peanut Butter and Brownie paradise!!!

Happy Friday my friends!!

I know I know, you have missed me.  I promise this post with make up for it :)  I have been slacking on the cooking front and if I do cook I haven't taken the time to take pictures or even think about writing about what I cook.  I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and typically have just been throwing together fast meals.  I don't think things will settle down anytime soon and I am going to be moving in about a month.....hopefully.  Lauren and I have been roommates for years and typically bunker down to one place until we get sick of it.  Well that time has come.  Our lease ends in exactly one month from today and we have already told our complex we are not resigning.  That being said.....if we don't find a place soon we will be homeless! I am so stressed about this and hope we find something soon. 

I am looking forward to the long weekend as it is Indy 500 time!  WOO HOO!! I am typically not a race fan but last year I had the opportunity to go and LOVED IT.  I loved the loud cars and the people watching.  My oh my.....the people watching.  There is such a wide spectrum of people that go to the 500 and it is unbelievable to just watch them.  Last year it was over 130 at the track and I felt every degree of that.  I HATE to be hot.  It is one of my least favorites things in the world.  This year they are calling for 90 degrees and near 140 at the track!!! COME ON!  So not cool.  My friend Christi's mom gave her some tickets at turn one (no clue really what that means lol) so we are heading over there early Sunday morning with 2 of her other girlfriends.  I have my insulated backpacks ready and hoping that the cold beer will keep us from dehydrating ;)

Did I mention its Friday and I am so excited.  I need an extra day off to just relax.  Sunday is my boss's birthday so I made her a treat for today at work.  Her favorite is dark chocolate and she loves brownies.  So why not make dark chocolate brownies with reese's cup, dark chocolate fudge frosting and reese's pieces?? I know right!! SHUT UP!  I didn't go completely better crocker and make the brownies from scratch but they still tasted oh so yummy.  I used 1 box of dark chocolate brownie mix, mini reese's, and reese's pieces.  Yep.....i know.  Are you drooling?

I spread half of the batter in a 9x13 pan then layered it with the mini reese's cups cut in fours.  Next I poured the remaining batter and baked at 350 for about 28 mins.  Once the brownies cooled I spread them with dark chocolate frosting and reese's pieces.  The edges were crunchy and center was gooey.  Something for everyone right!!! :)  The batter was pretty thin and barely was enough to cover the entire pan.  Realistically 1.5 boxes would have been perfect.  But in the end they were delicious and my co-workers seem to be enjoying them.  Be safe this weekend and enjoy the sun while it lasts :)

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment