Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's finally fall

Hello friends!!

I am sorry I have not been a very active blogger.  I have had a hard time making time for it.  But here I am :)  The Colts are not playing so hot so I need a distraction anyways!  Fall is by far my most favorite season.  I love the chilly weather and I get to eat lots of soup/stew/chili!  HOORAY!  I could eat soup every day...I really could.  This week I made my friend Sara's chicken chili. 


This is a great recipe that she shared with me and I love it.  It is super simple and quick!  Me likey!

Chicken Chili

Put 3-4 Chicken breasts in the crock pot
Salt and Pepper per your taste
1/3 a packet of taco seasoning 

1 can of Rotell 

Cook on High for 3-4 hours
* *about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way through, I take a fork and half the chicken breasts just to ensure thorough cooking.

Once cooked all the way through, Remove chicken and shred. I then layering the following:
Shredded chicken
2 cans of Northern Beans (drained)
1 (additional) can of Rotell (or desired type of tomatoes)
1 small can corn/peppers (mexi-mix)
2 handfuls of shredded cheese

Mix it all together, cover, and cook ingredients on Low for another 30 minutes or so....
**Once everything is warmed up, I like to take a big spoon and smoosh some of the beans against the side of the crock pot, mashing them....it creates a nicer/thicker/more tasty base. :)

Salt/pepper/more cheese as you like when eating!
Enjoy!
 




I have eaten this chili all week and am still not sick of it.  It makes about 5 servings.  I added about 1 can of water to the end product just to make it a little more soupy but it is delish as is...thick and hearty. 

What is your favorite fall soup/stew/chili?







1 comment: